Pear and Ginger Loaf
Pear and ginger loaf
Soft and sweet fragrant pear and ginger loaf.
A delicious loaf that is quick and easy to make, with the warmth of ginger and sweetness of pear, it is the perfect match.
This loaf is great to make when I have a couple of pears that don’t look the best. In my house its usual the pears that have bounced around in the school lunch box all day and then came home.
When I am making this for my kids I half the amount of ginger in this recipe as some of them are not keen on the intense ginger flavour.
How to make this loaf
To start with grab a large bowl and sift in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger.
Dice your pears into 1cm cubes and add into your dry ingredients. I leave the skin on the pears but that a personal preference you can peel the skin off if you prefer.
In a microwave safe bowl or a saucepan melt together the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup.
Add your melted butter mix to your dry ingredients, followed by an egg that had been beaten.
Fold altogether until there is no dry patches – do not over mix.
Decorate with pear slices on top if you like.
Bake at 170°c for around 50 minutes or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
I love my loaf sliced at room temperature with a good helping of butter on top.
NEED MORE SWEET AS CREATIONS? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on Pinterest for the latest updates.
Pear and Ginger Loaf
- 100 g butter salted
- 100 g brown sugar ½ cup packed
- 2 Tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 large pears diced or 410g can pears drain and diced
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 170 °c fan bake.
- Sift flour, baking powder, ginger, and cinnamon together in large bowl.
- Melt butter, brown sugar, and golden syrup together.
- Add chopped pears to dry ingredients followed by beaten egg and melted butter mix.
- Mix until all is incorporated.
- Place in loaf tin and bake for 50 -55 minutes
Check out some of my other Sweet As Creations